SKFC are proud to announce that we’re going to be undertaking a community project to develop a community football facility. Initially, this facility will be grass-based but the long-term ambition is to develop both grass and artificial playing surfaces if possible.
This is – clearly – a huge project that will take a long time to achieve and will require the backing of our football community, but the ultimate aim is to:
- Create a community-use playing facility that is privately maintained to the best possible standard
- Create 5v5, 7v7, 9v9 and 11v11 pitches marked on the facility, meaning the venue has football for all
- Have a football-hub that all junior football clubs connected to SKFC can use for summer training (and winter, eventually…) and home matches
- Have a host venue for club tournaments, charity tournaments – such as the Mike Godfrey Memorial Tournament & Fun Day each July – and other events
- Build a clubhouse, where junior clubs can host meetings and potentially hold socials and club presentation days
- Enable SKFC to hold free school football events for our local schools
The land we wish to acquire has already been identified, with some alternatives also cited should our first proposal be unsuccessful. A meeting has been arranged with the owners of the land we’ve identified to discuss our proposal!
SK Football Coaching are therefore looking for the following levels of support for this exciting project:
- Donations from kind people who are willing to support this project – no matter how much, every penny will help!
- Sponsorship from businesses who’d receive advertising space at the facility and recognition of their kindness through social media channels
- Support from people/organisations who can help SKFC undertake the steps and mammoth tasks required to get this project going.
A JustGiving page has been set up to start this exciting journey: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/skfc-community-football-hub