SK Football Coaching has grown continuously at a quick pace since its inception in June 2017. Starting out as one session per week, we now have a Development Centre with over 80 players attending each week, an Academy, a goalkeepers’ session, one-to-one coaching and junior team provision for 4 different football clubs.
With so much happening (and even more being planned), our coaches are keen to welcome a new coach to our team. If you are an aspirational football coach, and meet the requirements listed below, then please feel free to fill out our application form below.
Lead Football Coach
Successful Applicant’s Skills & Qualifications:
- Passionate about junior football at all levels
- Qualified to a minimum of FA L2 (or working towards)
- DBS Checked
- FA Safeguarding & First Aid trained
- Driver with access to a car (or self-sufficient modes of transport)
- At least 1 year’s experience of coaching children in grassroots football
- Capable of coaching to a set syllabus and planning their own syllabus
- Capable of coaching a range of different age groups, tailoring their coaching style to suit the age, ability levels and requirements (for example team v individual) of their group
- Capable of delivering sessions that are fun but get across the key coaching points
- A confident leader
- Great communication skills
Our successful applicant(s) will have a number of flexible hours, generally weekday evening sessions plus potential for holiday camp days and weekend matchdays. Coaches will be paid a strong hourly rate and will have the potential to grow their sessions with SKFC. The successful applicant will be leading sessions within the Stockport area in general. The role is perfect for someone who has a daytime job but would like to expand their coaching in the evenings and at weekends. Ultimately, SK are looking for someone who is as passionate about football – junior football especially – as our team are and that will make a positive contribution to our community.
How to Apply:
To be considered for attendance to an SKFC trial session, please send an email to info@skfootballcoaching,com containing:
Your Area of Residence
Your C.V. (as a PDF or Word attachment)
A cover letter outlining your skills, passions and reasons why you would like to join the team
Please note that if you aren’t a minimum FA L1 (and working towards L2), DBS checked, FA Safeguarding & First Aid trained (in date) and a driver with access to a car/have a form of self-sufficient transport, we won’t be able to invite you for the trial session, unfortunately.