Junior football in Cheadle has grown immeasurably in recent years. One of the main reasons to this has been the growth of Inter Cheadle JFC. Founded in the summer of 2007 (including SK coach Joe, in the then U13 North team), the club had a simple mission: to make football about the players, not financial gain.
This vision has seen the club grow to:
- A Soccer School, where each year players graduate to form U8 teams
- 20 junior “mixed” teams, playing in the Manchester Youth Super League, the Timperley & District JFL and the Stockport Metro JFL.
- 2 junior girls-only teams, playing in the Cheshire Girls Football League
- 4 open age teams
- An SKFC-hosted FA Wildcats Girls’ centre, enabling the further growth of the junior football in Cheadle – and its surroundings – for girls
- One of few teams in Cheshire to be awarded the top “Community Club” Charter Standard status
Inter Cheadle became SKFC club partners in the summer of 2019, seeing SK coaching Inter’s U7s East, U8s North, South, East and West, U10s East, U11s North, U12s North, U13s East and U14s North.
This summer (2020), the club will be represented nationally as the U11s North were selected to represent Stockport in the Aces Nationals tournament, where the best teams in each borough play to compete to be the best grassroots team in the country!
The club has an active social media presence, you can follow them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/InterCheadleJFC, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InterCheadleJFC/ and visit the club’s website: https://www.intercheadlefc.co.uk/